Dealer and Support Programs
Mercury Product Protection is completely administered by Mercury Marine and factory-backed. No other independent provider or insurance company can make this statement.
Mercury Product Protection offers three plans > new, pre-owned, and major assemblies– long blocks and powerheads. These plans provide comprehensive component coverage – including labor – for breakdown failures caused by a defect in material or workmanship. Repairs are made with genuine factory Quicksilver and/or Mercury Precision Parts. There is a $25 deductible per claim occurrence.
Mercury Product Protection is available on select new engine packages. Customers may select from one-, two-, three-, four, or five-year plans that become effective when the factory limited warranty expires. On Mercury outboards and MerCruiser engines, there is a six-year maximum for the combined standard limited warranty and contract period.
Select MotorGuide trolling motors have a combined five-year maximum for standard limited warranty and contract period.
This plan is fully transferable to the subsequent owner. The plan provides up to $200 per claim occurrence towards the cost of on-water towing charges necessary to perform approved repairs to covered Product. Additionally, Mercury Product Protection will pay up to $200 per claim occurrence for Hoist/Haul Out charges necessary to perform approved repairs of a covered component on non-trailerable boats (26' in length and larger). Excludes MotorGuide.
The Certified Pre-Owned Program allows you to purchase 1 or 2 years of our extended service contract on engines that have been traded into your Authorized Mercury Dealer.
These plans also include the benefits of on-water towing and hoist haul out.
Major Assembly Protection is the first factory backed extended service program in the industry for select new and remanufactured powerheads and longblocks purchased from Mercury Marine. Coverage is available for up to 1 or 2 years after the Parts & Accessories Warranty.
Why sell our extended service contracts?
- Additional profit for you - the dealer. Establish your retail price or use Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price, pay Mercury the dealer net, and the difference is profit. In Florida , state law requires dealers to be licensed and to charge Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price exactly.
- Our protection helps you sell more rigs by providing peace-of-mind to your customers beyond the factory-limited warranty.
- More service department profit because Mercury Product Protection pays the retail rate on labor and current factory suggested list price for most Mercury/Quicksilver parts.
- Claims require use of genuine Mercury parts and only Mercury Authorized dealers can make repairs - this drives consumers back to the dealer.
- Dealers can enter contracts and claims directly through MercNET. This reduces errors and speeds up processing and payment of claims. Electronically submitted contracts will receive a discounted rate.
- Learning design excellence
- Flexible Learning programs
- Dealer Sales Training
- Dealer Service Training
- Product Knowledge
- Self paced electronic learning – E Skills
- Classroom Training
- In Key Locations
- Multiple Scheduling Opportunities
Mercury Marine's exclusive on-line communication system is a tool that will make your business more efficient and profitable.
- Available 7 days a week
- Export purchase orders from your dealer management system directly to MercNET for processing
- View up-to-the-minute order status, track package and truck shipments
- Warranty claim processing - most claims paid within 24 hours
- Service Information access – registrations / service bulletins / owners manuals and more
- Access Customer Service Index (CSI) scores
- Access programs, dealer support
- Easy enrollment
Also available - Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC), a CD-rom that includes parts catalogs and service and parts bulletins.
- Find part numbers faster than with printed manuals
- Create Pick Lists and import them into MercNET Order Entry
- Access parts catalogs and service bulletins by serial number
MIDAS for Windows - another exclusive communications system, allows you to view parts pricing off-line using the Pricebook for Parts and the Electronic Parts Catalog.
Dealer Co-op Advertising Program
- Runs Program Year
- Review co-op claim status and fund information on MercNET. Select Co-op Advertising Inquiry from the Sales/Marketing menu.
- Submit co-op claims on MercNET. Select Co-op Advertising Entry from the Sales/Marketing menu.
- Accrual based on qualifying engine purchases (Mercury Outboards, Mercury Jet Drives and MerCruiser inboards and sterndrives)
- Program administered by Mercury for Mercury – no outside agency
- Program provides reimbursement for a percentage of eligible advertising and marketing expenses including:
- Boat shows (one at 100%, unlimited at 50%)
- Display ads (up to 75% reimbursement)
- Billboards (up to 75% reimbursement)
- Radio (up to 75% reimbursement)
- Mercury DockStore
- Merchandising Material
- And more
- See Dealer Co-op Advertising Program guideline for complete details. Available on MercNET. Select Programs from the Sales/Marketing menu.